Friday, January 14, 2011

Journal Entries.

It is important at the end of any artistic endeavour to reflect on the process on a number of levels.  Through the process of the written component of your portfolio, you should be able to discuss the processes you have gone through artistically and technically.  Remember when responding to any photography-related question, it is expected that you use proper terminology and give serious consideration to grammar and sentence structure.

Answer the following questions through the process of reflection on this major endeavour.  Be sure to write in complete sentences, and be specific:

1.      In working with so many different themes for your portfolio, how do you feel you have put together a unified portfolio?
    
 I feel I've put together a unified portfolio with all different themes. I've used multiple photos from past assignments along with a few new ones/never been used photos. I've used a few that was edited with Adobe Photoshop Elements  7.0.




2.      Which theme in the process of photographing do you feel you were most successful with? Of all the knowledge and the experimentation you have gained and worked with this year, what do you think has helped you achieve your success?
   
A lot of the work this year I got done without planning. When I see something eyecatching I find an oppertunity to snap a few photos. Usually because I have so many pretaken photos, I use majority for our assignments.

3.      Which theme or style of photography do you feel is your niche? What is it about that style that interests you the most?

Nature is my niche, for sure! When taking photographs I find it way more exciting to take it of nature, animals or dead plants. I believe that leaves are the prettiest as they're dying.

My niche would also  be using macro. I use it almost every time I take a photograph to make sure the real effect is there. 

4.      Which theme in your portfolio did you find most difficult to work with? What do you think you could have done to make this project more successful?
        I found the portrait project to be the most difficult to say into words. I know a lot about myself, I just don't know how to capture it all in a photo. To have made it more sucessful, I could have had a picture of myself playing guitar or doing something that I enjoy doing. I feel it could have described me a lot better.

5.      Do you feel that this portfolio reflects you well as a photographer?  Why or why not?  List at least 3 reasons.

I feel like there is never enough in a portfolio when displaying what you're capable of doing. With everything so far, I feel like it reflects exactly how I would want it to.


I feel like th descriptions could be a lot better and detailed. My titles aren't creative enough and I feel I could impove on that.

All together, my online portfolio has everything that it should have. As a photographer, I could talk a lot more about how I feel about the photos on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment